Finding the perfect match for your hair type is important. Two popular options that often come up in this search are Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair. In this blog, I will compare these two types of hair extensions to help you decide which one is suitable for you.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: Origin
As someone who has worked in the hair industry, I can tell you that Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair have very different origins.
- Vietnamese hair: Vietnamese hair is sourced from Vietnam, where women have naturally straight and thick hair due to their genetics and diet. The hair is collected directly from donors, making it 100% virgin hair that has not been chemically processed or treated.
- Indian hair: Indian hair has two types: temple hair and hair balls. Temple hair is the hair taken from Indian temples where people shave their head as a ceremonial procedure. Hairball is the hair gathered from salon floors, floors, or even in the pipeline or public restrooms.
The different origins of Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair can tell something about the quality. Vietnamese hair seems to have a more consistent quality than Indian hair.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: The production scale
One of the most crucial elements when contrasting Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair is production scale. Both small and medium-sized hair manufacturers in Vietnam and India use mid-range machinery technologies.
- Vietnamese hair: In Vietnam, there are only around 40–50 hair producers; the rest are trading firms. There are trading settlements where the major source of income is hair production. A wholesale hair factory in Vietnam can export, on average, 1 ton of hair each month. The technology isn’t exactly very modern but it’s able to produce exceptional hair items to meet the domestic and foreign demand.
- Indian hair: In India, there are between 140 and 250 hair manufactures, the most of which are small to medium-sized enterprises. Due to the benefits of a large population and an abundance of raw materials (1-2 tons per month), the production of a hair factory producing Indian hair vs. Vietnamese hair is comparatively equal though the technology in Indian hair factories isn’t modern, most of the work is done by hand.
When comparing the production scale of Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, we can see partly why Vietnamese hair takes higher credits for better quality as the Vietnamese hair factory works more efficiently and productively.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: Characteristics
When it comes to hair texture, Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair have distinct differences.
- Vietnamese Hair: Vietnamese hair is known for its straight and sleek texture. It is naturally smooth and shiny, making it easy to maintain and style. This hair type is perfect for those who want a low-maintenance look that requires minimal styling.
- Indian Hair: Indian hair is naturally dry, curly, giving off a slightly rough feeling. Temple hair is high quality raw Indian hair and has the mentioned characteristics, and it can be styled in different way as the hair is thick and strong. On the other hand, hair trash has lost its cuticles, which make the hair weaker, easily broken when being dyed, curled or bleached.
Choosing between Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair comes down to your needs. Vietnamese hair is naturally straight, while Indian hair can range from straight to curly. For those seeking a soft, smooth and versatile hair product, Vietnamese hair is the ideal choice. However, if you prefer a bit more volume, Indian hair is a better option as it can hold curls well.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: Durability
Between Indian hair vs Vietnamese hair, Vietnamese hair gets more attention for durability. Let’s get into the details.
- Vietnamese hair: Vietnamese hair, as i already mentioned before, is collected from ethical and reliable sources. The quality of the hair is consistent, which leads to longer lifespan. It can withstand bleaching, curling, dying and even straightening and still last for years with good care and maintenance.
- Indian hair: The Indian alternative, however, has mixed hair sources as it can be hard to tell whether the hair is collected from the donors or it is hair trash that is gathered from anywhere possible. If it’s temple hair or best quality raw Indian hair, can last long but on the other hand, if it is hair trash, it’ll break and shed easily after a short time.
If you are confused between the Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, take this point into consideration: Vietnamese hair is more durable than Indian hair.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: The prices
Here is the comparison between Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair in term of prices:
- Vietnamese hair: Thanks to the abundance of raw hair available and the low labor cost, Vietnamese hair is a good option for someone who wants premium hair products at an affordable price. Although Vietnamese hair may seem a bit more expensive than Indian hair, it’s a good investment in the long run.
- Indian hair: Indian hair is the cheaper of the two alternatives. This product is labor-intensive which is the comparative advantage of India. Although their hair items are relatively inexpensive but the quality is not ensured.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, which one is better for your budget and your needs? In my opinion, if you want to buy a hair item without breaking the bank, go for Indian hair but If you place good quality and durability first, opt for Vietnamese hair.
The maintenance of Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair
If you are wondering how to take care of Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, here are the way
Vietnamese hair maintenance
- Vietnamese hair is naturally strong and thick, making it low-maintenance.
- It doesn’t require much styling or product use to maintain is essential.
- It’s also important to avoid using heat styling tools too often and to use a heat protectant when necessary.
- Brushing gently and avoiding harsh chemicals or dyes can also help maintain the hair’s natural strength and shine.
Indian hair maintenance
- Indian hair is known for its dryness and frizzy texture, so it may require more attention to keep it looking healthy and shiny, especially if it has been processed.
- Regular washing and conditioning with sulfate-free products is important, as well as using a deep conditioning treatment once a week.
- Avoiding heat styling tools and using a heat protectant when necessary can also help maintain the hair’s natural shine.
- Brushing gently and avoiding harsh chemicals or dyes is also recommended.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair need different care and maintenance. While it’s easy to take care of Vietnamese hair, Indian hair needs more intensive maintenance.
Vietnamese hair and Indian hair: Pros and Cons
To conclude Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: which one is better, i have made this final assessment.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: pros
Here are the cons of Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair:
- Beautiful texture: smooth, silky, shiny and thick
- Durability: lasts for 3 to 5 years
- Versatility: Can be styled in the way you want
- Easy maintenance
- Large amount of raw material
- Cheap price
There are many cons between Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, based on which you can make the final purchase decision for yourself.
Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair: Cons
Besides all the pros, there are a few cons about Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair
- More expensive than Indian hair
- Needs to improve the production scale
- Inconsistent quality
- Mixed origins
- Doesn’t last as long as Vietnamese hair
Above are a few cons about Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair. It’s hard to say which one is better, it depends on your needs.
The bottom line
When it comes to choosing between Vietnamese hair vs Indian hair, there is no right or wrong answer. It all comes down to personal preference and budget.
Vin Hair Vendor is one of the best Vietnamese hair suppliers and is renowned for supplying high-quality hair and affordable price. If you decide to buy Vietnamese hair, give Vin Hair Vendor a try and they will not let you down. You can contact them through Whatsapp +84356665661 (Ms. Ella)
By considering the factors that affect hair cost and taking proper care of your hair, you can ensure that you get the most out of your investment. It’s important to do your research and choose a reputable supplier to ensure you’re getting high-quality hair that will last as long as possible.
Whether you go with Vietnamese hair or Indian hair, investing in good quality extensions can make all the difference in achieving the perfect hairstyle and boosting your confidence.
With the comparison above, you can know why Vietnamese hair is considered the best hair type in Asia. For more information about this hair type, you can read this article: https://vinhairvendor.com/the-reasons-why-vietnamese-hair-is-the-best-hair-type-in-asia/